Technically speaking National Beer Day is Sunday, April 7. But are we really going to hold it against the Eau Palm Beach Resort and Spa if they celebrate a day early on Saturday?
The 4th Annual Tap Takeover will take place at the Manalapan property from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on April 6. The event is free to attend, but guests need to register online at Eventbrite.com/e/4th-annual-tap-takeover-tickets-57738606727. There is also free valet parking at the resort and metered parking in the Lantana Beach parking lot.
For the third year there will also be a Brewmaster’s Dinner at the resort’s Angle Restaurant with hand-crafted beers paired with a five-course meal (a different brewery for each course). Tickets for the dinner are $99. To reserve a ticket, go to Eventbrite.com/e/brewmasters-craft-beer-dinner-tickets-57739500400.
“We wanted to step outside the box of your typical oceanside dining event and promote award-winning breweries in our back yard while teaching guests that craft beer can be a luxury experience,” explains Brian Long, the assistant manager of food and beverage at the resort. “I think the event has been successful because it gives the guests the opportunity to interact with local brewers in an authentic and intimate setting, all the while enjoying some of the best brews and views South Florida has to offer.”
Long — who is also the resort’s cicerone, or beer sommelier — says that they didn’t have to go far to look for breweries. “Luckily for us, the breweries in our back yard have held a commanding presence on local, regional and national levels. We have also collaborated with breweries like Due South to create custom brews such as Eau Palm Beach’s Lagerhead Lager.”
Working with the resort’s executive sous chef Matthew Gale, Long says he used his paring skills honed from years of exploring food flavor profiles “… and, simply put, just drinking beer.”
Proceeds will benefit Loggerhead Marinelife Center. Also, this Friday, April 5 the Eau Palm Beach will release a custom brew that combines Copperpoint Brewing Company’s stout with George Dickel Whiskey.
Other National Beer Day events in SoFlo
• Bokamper’s Sports Bar and Grill will have a buy-one-get-one-free 16 ounce Bo’s Brew Pale Ale Draft ($6.99) all day on April 7.at all three locations (Fort Lauderdale, Plantation, Miramar). Bokampers.com.
• One Door East is offering $3 beers all day long on Monday, April 8, for those taking a little “hair of the dog” after the official National Beer Day on Sunday. One Door East is at 620 S Federal Highway, Fort Lauderdale. OneDoorEast.com.
• La Cerveceria de Barrio will have $4 select draft beers on April 7 at both Miami Beach locations. LaCerveceriaDeBarrio.com
• Shooters Waterfront is serving their Shooters Ale for $7 on April 7. The custom red ale was created by the by Biscayne Brewing Company. Shooters is at 3033 NE 32nd Ave, Fort Lauderdale. ShootersWaterfront.com.
• Kitchen 305 inside the Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort on April 7 will serve local beers, including Hollywood Brewery Amber for $6 and Hollywood Brewery Pineapple for $7. The Newport is located at 16701 Collins Ave., Sunny Isles Beach. NewportBeachsideResort.com.
• Beach Bar at Newport Pier will serve, on April 7, local beers for $7, including Miami Vice IPA, Veza Sur Spanglish and Hollywood Mango IPA. The Beach Bar is at 16501 Collins Ave, Sunny Isles Beach. BeachBarNewportPier.com.
• Casa Sensei will serve Asian imports on April 7 such as Asahi, Kirin Ichiban, Kirin Light. Sapporo and Lucky Buddha. They will also offer a cocktail called the Asian Chelada, which will be made of lime juice, a five-spice salted rim and an Asian Beer of your choice on ice for $12. Casa Sensei is located at 1200 E Las Olas Blvd. #101, Fort Lauderdale. CasaSensei.com.
• Havana 1957 on April 7 will offer five-beer buckets of Cerveza Hatuey for $20. Cerveza Hatuey is a Cuban-born craft beer. They will also have Bud Light beer buckets for the same price at all five locations in SoFlo locations (Pembroke Pines and four locations in Miami Beach). Havana1957.com.
• Grease Burger, Beer and Whiskey Bar will offer half-off of their more than 120 beers from 4-7 p.m. on April 7. Grease Burger is at 213 Clematis St, West Palm Beach. Facebook.com/events/793867224319217.
• Batch New Southern Kitchen and Tap will have beer specials all day long April 6 and 7. And Copperpoint Brewery will be onsite and having giveaways. Batch is located at 223 Clematis St., West Palm Beach. Facebook.com/events/1994535730852995.
• Bird and Bone in the Confidante Miami Beach hotel on April 7 will serve a new custom beer called Comfortably Numb for $7. Bird and Bone is located at 4041 Collins Ave., Miami Beach. Hyatt.com.
• Bulla Gastrobar will serve beer sangrias for $5 all day on April 7. Bulla Gastrobar is located at 2500 Ponce de Leon Blvd. in Coral Gables and 5335 NW 87 Ave. #C102 in Doral. BullaGastrobar.com.
• Veza Sur Brewing Company in Wynwood will serve a new La Picante, a key lime and jalapeño flavored Gose for $7 on April 7. Veza Sur is at 55 NW 25th St., Miami. VezaSur.com.
Don’t drink and drive
You can get a discount on Lyft rideshare service on Sunday, April 7. J) to and from participating breweries. To see a list of which breweries are a part of the offer, go to the blog at Lyft.com.
Also there will be a discount for trips to and from breweries throughout the spring, specifically from April 8-July 6 if you put in the code “FLGUILD19” for 25% off (up to $5 each).
The offer is from a partnership with Lyft and the Florida Brewers Guild.